SeeTheFeelings.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SeeTheFeelings.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout takes hold: Seesmic publicly lays off 7

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tim

Loic Le Meur, CEO and founder of video community service Seesmic, announced publicly on Friday that the company is laying off seven people from the start-up. Citing "market conditions and the recession," Le Meur disclosed that most of the let-go staffers are "behind-the-scenes" people who were building out the service. Le Meur said, "The worst is, we love them all."

He says that "Seesmic is moving on and will continue to innovate and provide a stable platform." The company has "years ahead" of funding to keep things moving, he said.

Seesmic also owns the Twitter and Friendfeed client Twhirl.

Le Meur's style of announcing this change in his company is unusually open, but it is likely the beginning of a series of similar announcements, some more public than others, about restructuring and retrenchment in start-ups. The founder of a different four-person company, whom I met with Friday, told me he had just cut salaries at his company in order to stretch the company's "runway" of survivability on the money it currently has in the bank.

louise

louise

OMG!!! I get a tweet that Seesmic is laying off 1/3 of their staff and here I thought it was some rather large layoff... It's 7 people... Granted, it sucks for them, but the sky is not falling.

paradox

The problem is, most of those so called Web 2.0 companies don't make money. They can stretch thin and last longer, but it is matter of time that they will run out of money and go out of business.

Of course, blame the market when you can.

thedreamer

A "tweet" ? Geez. People, get real. This whole Twitter crap is another flash in the pan waste of time and energy. Pick up the damn phone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum