SeeTheFeelings.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SeeTheFeelings.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

The cost of winning presidency

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The cost of winning presidency Empty The cost of winning presidency Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:56 pm

stacey14

stacey14

Just a quick link from an independent, non-partisan research group on spending for each of the capaigns and current cash on hand.http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.php?cycle=2008&type=SF

I spend a lot of time looking up the facts from CRP. Thought I'd share this interesting tidbit.

2The cost of winning presidency Empty Re: The cost of winning presidency Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:57 pm

jack78

Considering that we're talking about Obama getting over 1000 donations from the same person named "Good Will", Employer "Loving", Occupation "You", all for less than $25, totalling $17000... never mind donator "Doodad", 750 donations totalling $19,000, same employer and occupation... or the guys from Gaza who tried to give him $31,000, listing their origin as "GA"... the idea that Obama has given more "full disclosure" than McCain on his contributions is pretty comical.

3The cost of winning presidency Empty Re: The cost of winning presidency Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:58 pm

jess124

jess124

What I don't understand about that chart is how much less money McCain has raised and spent than Obama. I know that they should be roughly the same given public financing limits, and I doubt that either man would welsh on public promises to stay within those limits.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum