SeeTheFeelings.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SeeTheFeelings.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Empty Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm

lynn27

Skip's Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming

Everyone wants to do their part to stop Global Warming. But most people are unwilling to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve this urgent goal, even though our very existence is threatened.

So I've compiled a list of the 10 best things ANYONE can do stop Global Warming.

These are in order from the most effective first.

#1 - Stop having Children! This will prevent any more "consumers" from being created and adding more "carbon footprints" to an already overburdened planet.

#2 - Stop Consuming! You've been programmed your whole life to consume products made by corporations. Stop buying shit you really don't need. Make what you can yourself, or buy from other small cottage industries instead of corporations. Stop Buying and Using Plastic! Most plastic is made from fossil fuels, and as oil prices go sky high, so does the price of plastic.

#3 - Don't Go Anywhere! Unless you must, of course. Unnecessary trips in any type of fossil fuel consuming vehicle adds to greenhouse gases.

#4 - Use Alternative Energy Sources! Solar and Wind generated (green) power is now more widespread and getting cheaper all the time. Add a green power source to your residence, get off the grid and pay less for electricity or generate enough so that the electric company must pay you! Imagine, if you are contributing MORE green energy to the system than you are using, you have a negative carbon footprint, and must be some kind of eco-hero!

#5 - Use Mass Transport! Leave your car at home and commute via mass transport in cities and suburbs.

#6 - Insulate! Check the insulation in your dwelling and add more. Insulate yourself by wearing more clothes and turning down the thermostat on cold days.

#7 - Buy Local! Try to limit your purchases to items produced in your local area, state or country. Stop buying imports that must shipped long distances. Stop driving long distances just to shop - use the Internet!

#8 - Telecommute! Stop driving to work at all and work at home if possible. If you can't do it everyday, do it when you can.

#9 - Teach Your Children! The better educated they are about Global Warming and green alternatives, the smaller their carbon footprint will be.

#10 - Stop Eating Meat! It's not just about methane emissions from cows. It's about the loss of native forests (which go up in smoke) for more pastures. It's about feeding ten times more protein to animals than those animals yield. It's about huge industrial farms that grow only animal feeds. And factory farms that raise animals in unhealthy conditions. What a waste of precious resources so you can chow a burger!

I realize most people are unwilling or unable to make all these sacrifices. Yet we are all going to have give up something we are programmed to do and find other ways of fulfilling our needs and wants.

Which things are you already doing, and which will you commit yourself to doing now?

Skip is offline View User's Gallery Reply With Quote

2Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Empty Re: Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm

mrhouston

mrhouston

That's a good list, only problem I can see is, as you said most people wont give a shit enough to change their lifestyle and sacrifice anything

but I've been guilty of that myself, it was only recently I changed my "fuck the world I'll do what I want I don't care" attitude that a lot of people seem to have

3Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Empty Re: Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm

shade

I don't have a car on campus- I live on campus and if I don't want to walk to class, I can take a bus. I don't get why people need to bring their cars on campus. There are very few parking spots and it's very easy to get a $50+ ticket for parking in the wrong spot or even getting your car towed. Seriously, why have a car on campus unless a) you drove to school from a different state or b) you have to travel outside the city on a regular basis. That I can understand, but people who live in the city & don't take a bus to campus? I don't get that. The city buses are free if you have your student ID and campus buses are free for everyone. Plus, on some streets traffic gets so bad it's faster to walk than to drive.

Peace and love

4Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Empty Re: Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:51 pm

hdog

Uhhh.... the legalization, mass production, and regulation of HEMP would solve a majority of those problems like fuel. Hemp would make an excellent and cheap fuel that wouldn't emit all those harmful toxins that oil and gas emit. thats just one of thousands helpfull things that hemp could contribute to the environment. I can list plenty more if you'd like? =)

5Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Empty Re: Ten Best Ways to Stop Global Warming Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 pm

err no

Not trying to start an argument. However I don't think we have any impact on our climate. And those who say we do (re:Al Gore) are only trying to make money off something that is a naturally occurring cycle.

That being said. I am all for not having children, as more people equals more strain on our already crumbling infrastructure and dwindling resources. As for the number of kids a family should have. I'd go with one, any more should be immediately aborted. Same goes for single parents (Would certainly cut down on poverty), and people with histories of having mentally handicapped children (Downs syndrome and Autism for example)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum